Estate agent letting fees should be simple. So we've created a Landlord's Guide to charges, so you can see all the details of our letting commissions and other related costs. All fees are calculated as a percentage of the total rent for the tenancy term, including any extensions or renewals.
- Letting and rent collection service: 10% +VAT (12% including VAT) for a sole agency agreement, or 11% +VAT (13.2% including VAT) in case you instruct us on a multiple agency basis.
Renewals in the first two years: 8% +VAT (9.6% including VAT).
Continuation period after renewals: 7% (8.4% including VAT).
- Full management service
- 1 to 2 properties: 16% +VAT (19.2% including VAT) for a sole agency agreement, or 17% +VAT (20.4% including VAT) in case you instruct us on a multiple agency basis.
- 3 to 4 properties: 15% +VAT (18% including VAT) for a sole agency agreement, or 16% +VAT (19.2% including VAT) on a multiple agency basis.
- 5 or more properties: 14% +VAT (16.8% including VAT) for a sole agency agreement, or 15% +VAT (18% including VAT) on a multiple agency basis.
For renewals and continuation period after renewals: 12% +VAT (14.4% including VAT).
- Short lets (tenancies less than 6 months): Letting and rent collection service 24% +VAT (28.8% inc. VAT) or full management service 30% +VAT (36% inc. VAT).
For renewals and continuation period after renewals (including obligatory full management service): 24% +VAT (28.8% including VAT).
Please note that our minimum fee for any initial tenancy fixed term period is £1,200 + VAT.
MANAGEMENT ONLY SERVICE
If you transfer the management of a property that is already in tenancy either via yourself or from another agent, we charge a £300 +VAT tenancy set up fee and 6% +VAT (7.2% inc. VAT) of the monthly rent as a management fee.
In addition to the core service fees, the following additional fees may apply depending on the level of service you opt for. Some charges, as outlined, apply for all tenancies. All the below costs are valid for all ASTs, non-housing tenancies and company tenancies.
Charges relating to all Tenancies (All Service Levels)
- Tenancy Set-up fee - £300 + VAT per tenancy
- Tenant Referencing - £54 + VAT per applicant
- Guarantor Referencing - £54 + VAT per guarantor
- Deposit Registration fee - £54 + VAT per tenancy
- Inventory and Check-in - starting from £120 + VAT per tenancy (unfurnished studio/1bed property)
- Inventory and Check-out - starting from £120 + VAT per tenancy (unfurnished studio/1bed property)
- Landlord withdrawal fee (before move-in) - £600 + VAT
- Tenancy Renewal Set-up Fee - £210 + VAT per tenancy
- Sales Commission (if tenant purchases the property) - 1.9% + VAT of final sale price
Pre-Tenancy Fees and Property Management Fees (All Service Levels)
(Optional services for statutory tenancy compliance, provided with landlords instructions)
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) - £100 + VAT per property
- Gas Safety Certificate (GSC) - £120 + VAT and £25 + VAT for each extra appliance
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT Test) - £120 + VAT per tenancy
- Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) - £180 + VAT per tenancy
- Legionella Risk Assessment - £150 + VAT per tenancy
- Installing Smoke and CO2 Alarms - Third party variable cost. Quote required.
- Cleaning of property - Third party variable cost. Quote required, average £220 + VAT
- Handling Local Authority Licensing Application - £300 + VAT for managed clients and £600 + VAT for non managed clients
Optional Services (All Service Levels)
- HM Land Registry copy of Head Lease or title register - £5 + VAT
- Key Cutting service - £12 + VAT plus cost of the invoice value
- Deposit Transfer fee to another party (mid tenancy) - £54 + VAT
- Tenancy Dispute and Arbitration preparation of documents and submission fee - £450 + VAT per tenancy (included for managed tenancies)
- Payment outside the UK - £50 + VAT per payment
- Same day payment to the UK via CHAPS or faster payment - £30 + VAT per payment
- Interest on unpaid fees or other monies due - 5% above BOE base rate, calculated daily
- Periodic rent review fee and serving of section 13 notice (if applicable) - £120 + VAT per tenancy
- Serving a section 21 notice on your behalf - £60 + VAT (included for managed tenancies)
- Court Attendance fee (per hour) - £180 + VAT and £250 + VAT for director
- Additional consolidated or individual statements - £30 + VAT per request
- Annual income and expenditure report - £90 + VAT (included for managed tenancies)
- Submission of NRL return to HMRC - £120 + VAT per quarterly report
- Additional HMRC reporting fees relating to specific enquiries - £120 + VAT per request
- Permitted occupier fee - £25 + VAT per tenancy
- Holding a landlord licence registration - £150 + VAT per annum
- Change of occupant fee - £300 + VAT
- Change of additional occupant (at same time) - £50 + VAT per additional occupant
- Tenants utilities and council tax set up - £50 +VAT
- Rent Protection - starting from £300+ VAT
For Managed Tenancies Only (Full Management)
- Additional Property visits - £70 +VAT per visit
- Follow up Right-to Rent checks - £54 +VAT
- Handling insurance claims over £1,000 - 12% of value of the claim
- Obtaining consent to let from mortgagee - £60 +VAT per tenancy
- New Management Set up fee for an ongoing external tenancy - £300 +VAT per tenancy
- Tenancy Withdrawal Fee inc. transfer of deposit (mid tenancy) - £100 +VAT
- Vacant property visits - £120 +VAT per visit
- Sourcing landlords specific purchase items - £50 +VAT per hour
Should you require further information, please contact a member of our Project Management Team
RENT PROTECTION BENEFITS
If you decide to opt for the rent protection service, at an additional cost as outlined below, a dedicated insurance policy will protect you against the event of the tenant not paying their rent.
Included in the service:
- 100% of rent up to 15 months or until vacant possession, whichever is sooner
- Up to 2 months at 75% of rent following vacant possession, after a claim
- Nil excess (no extra cost other than the one-off fee)
- Up to £100,000 legal expenses:
- Evictions for non-payment of rent, subletting and failure to vacate after a Section 21
- Pursuit of a tenant for property damage costs - this does not cover damage itself
- Automatic policy renewal, unless you decide to opt out
- For rentals up to £2,500 pcm: £300 +VAT per year
- For rentals between £2,501 pcm and £5,000 pcm: £379 +VAT per year
- For rentals between £5,001 pcm and £7,500 pcm: £449 +VAT per year
- For rentals between £7,501 pcm and £10,000 pcm: £649 +VAT per year